I was just wondering how will I celebrate Dashain festival. Luckily, I got chance to celebrate dashain with my parents and cousin in Madison. My parents came to pick me up on friday and we drove to Madison. We reached around six in the evening to my cousin place in Madison. As I enter the house I could see alot of Nepalese people. I was happy to meet different Nepalese people out there and enjoy the party. And the best thing was the Nepali Food. Wow that was great, to have a delicious Nepali food after along time.Actually I was really missing Nepali food and luckily I got a chance to have one.I met different Nepali people in my cousins place who were settled in Madison. I really felt nice meeting them and knowing them personally.
The next day went to University of Wisconsin-Madison. University was big and nice, and the lake next to it even made it look better.After that we walked around State Street(confused about the name).Well i'm here still in Madison Celebrating Dashain and having great food. Well feel sad to return tomorrow to Eau Claire but that's how life goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Avi!
I really like your descriptions about Dashain and I want to go to Madison too. Can you show me some pictures about Madison and your Dashain celebrations?
See you tomorrow in class.
Johannes
Nice!!!
I didn't know your parents are in Madison!!
Good for you!!!
I guess you had a lot of delicious Nepali food.
I need to make some Japanese food...
Hi Avi!
I'm glad to hear/read that you had the chance to celebrate Dashain! It's always nice to have a little bit of his home country here in the US!
See you, Kati
So your parents were visiting or are they in the states for some time? Wonderful that you got a taste of home here in America!!!
Post a Comment